Friday, January 16, 2015

Piña Colada Smoothie

Piña Colada Smoothie Alcohol Free
Do you know “the piña colada song”? Ever since I watched the film Guardians of the Galaxy, this song got completely stuck in my head. I went to the grocery store and I even got awkwardly happy to see that pineapples were on sale, so I decided I would buy one and make my own piña colada smoothie. I am really glad with the outcome, and it's the perfect smoothie for a girls’ night. It tastes heavenly, has only 3 ingredients, and it is completely guilt-free.
Healthy Piña Colada Smoothie
Ingredients
200g pineapple plus one small slice for decoration
½ medium ripe banana
50g full fat coconut milk

Directions
Cut 200g of pineapple, or about ¼ of the fruit.

Place the piece of fruit on a cut board and carefully get rid of the skin by cutting the edges with a knife. If your processor is not powerful enough, you will want to get rid of the core too, since it will leave strong pieces of flesh in your smoothie.

Blend the pineapple for several minutes, or until the paste is quite smooth. Note that pineapple requires longer to become smooth than other softer fruits.

Add the ½ banana and the coconut milk. Keep blending for one or two minutes more. If your smoothie is not liquid enough, feel free to add more coconut milk.

Pour the smoothie into a cup or a glass, and place a thin slice of unpeeled pineapple on one of the edges.

Tips
You can also use low fat coconut milk. However, the coconut flavor will not be that noticeable.

Include white rum for an alcoholic version of this smoothie.

If you are like me and don't like adding ice cubes into your smoothies, place the banana previously peeled in the freezer for a couple of hours.

Rupert Holmes - Escape (The Piña Colada Song)


Do you like piña colada? Which is your favorite smoothie?

11 comments:

  1. i absolutely love pina coladas so i cant wait to try this! it sounds amazing! id love it if youd comment back http://www.amyelizabethfashion.com/2015/01/lets-talk-about-body-shaming.html xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm happy to hear that! let me know when you try it :) I will take a look at your blog ;) thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum, looks delicious! I've nominated you for the Liebster Award! Please visit my blog and follow the steps to accept the award! :)

    Kiersten/KiwiCat

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Kiersten! I am gonna do this right now ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I make really similar pina colada smoothie. I was drinking it all summer;)
    "Guardians of galaxy" has amazing soundtrack!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really? :) What else did you include in your smoothie? Yes! the film is not really one of my favorites.. but the soundtrack is really worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. lemon juice and sometimes I add milk or yoghurt instead coconut milk.

    ReplyDelete
  8. yum, lemon juice! interesting, I will add it next time, thanks :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
09 10