Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Dark Chocolate & Peanut Butter Granola

Peanut butter and dark chocolate, let me repeat it, peanut butter and dark chocolate! How come I hadn't thought about this combination before? When I first baked Lemon Ginger Granola I thought I had found my favorite granola recipe. It was refreshing and quite an innovative granola recipe for my novice taste buds. However, I've lately rediscovered my delight for primary food combinations and some days ago I came with this decadent peanut butter and dark chocolate granola. At home, we love this granola so much that I baked two batches in a week, and you guys who follow me on Instagram have also showed much love and interest for this recipe, so here you have. 

Ingredients
1 small ripe banana
2 1/2 tbsp. of natural unsalted creamy peanut butter
1 tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
2 tbsp. maple syrup (or any other syrup of your choice)
1 tsp. cinnamon
250g rolled oats

Directions
Preheat oven at 180°C.

In big bowl, mash the banana. I prefer to use a fork or a potato masher to get a thicker paste with small chunks of banana.

Incorporate peanut butter and maple syrup, and mix well until well incorporated. 

Add cocoa powder and cinnamon, and mix again until well incorporated.

Finally, include oats. I like to include 200g of oats fist, and then slowly adding more or less oats depending on the amount of wet ingredients that I have (sometimes bananas are bigger, and you get more wet ingredients so more oats are needed).

Mix the "dough" until all the oats are well soaked. I love using my hands, it's easier to combine all the ingredients.

Pour raw granola into over parchment paper on a baking sheet and bake for about 10 minutes. 

After 10 minutes, use a fork to stir the granola and break it into small clusters. Bake for 5 minutes more.

When the granola is ready, place it over a cold surface and let it cool down for at least 30 minutes before you store it in a tight air container. 
Homemade Dark Chocolate & Peanut Butter Granola
Tips
Due to the cocoa powder, the oats will be so dark that it will be difficult to notice when the granola is getting burnt. Therefore, be careful with the time. Don't rely on the crispiness of the granola to decide whether is ready since warm granola is not crispy (it gets crispy after cooling down).

I didn't add any dried fruit, seeds or nuts in this recipe due to it's high content of peanut butter. However, feel free to add more ingredients if you want to. However, I recommend to leave it simple not to interfere with the main flavors. 

This granola tastes wonderful with some milk and banana coins, as topping for a banana smoothie or with blueberry soy yogurt.


What do you think about this recipe? Me and my boyfriend are completely addicted to it. Share it with your friends if you love it too!

What's your favorite way of eating granola? Sometimes, I just eat it directly from the container :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
09 10